Examine common Windows management utilities in both the command line and GUI to navigate the file system, perform network diagnostics, manage disks, and maintain systems - all necessary skills for the A+ 220-1002 exam.
CompTIA A+ 220-1002: Microsoft Command Line Tools
- use the dir, cd, and chdir commands to navigate the file system
- use ipconfig, ping, tracert, netstat, and nslookup for network diagnostics
- use shutdown, sfc, chkdsk, diskpart, taskkill, and format for process management, disk maintenance, and configuration
- use the command line GPO tools gpupdate and gpresult
- use dism to mount, service, and unmount windows image files
- use copy, xcopy, and robocopy for scripting automated solutions to file copy needs
- utilize the net use command to create and delete mapped drives
- utilize the net user command to create and delete user accounts
- use native Windows GUI tool Services.msc for systems management
- use native Windows GUI tools Notepad, Explorer, and Windows Update for systems management
- use native Windows GUI tool Regedit for systems management
- demonstrate your proficiency with Windows utilities
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.