Explore the various client-side operating systems and their installation processes.
CompTIA A+ 220-1002: Comparing Common Operating Systems
- differentiate between 32-bit and 64-bit processing
- differentiate between operating system vendors
- understand the differences between the major smartphone and tablet operating system vendors
- describe update limitations and compatibility concerns for vendor-specific operating systems
- explain the differences between versions of Microsoft operating systems
- determine appropriate editions of Windows client based on customer profiles
- configure desktop styles and user interfaces
- choose the appropriate boot configuration based on needs
- choose appropriate types of installation methods based on deployment needs
- implement network and image-based deployments
- recover a failed installation
- compare common Operating System architectures, installation sources, and targets
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.