There are numerous small office/home office (SOHO) multifunction devices available on the market. Explore these devices, including the different settings and configuration methods.
CompTIA A+ 220-1001: SOHO Devices
- use appropriate drivers for a given operating system including duplex, collate, orientation, and quality
- configure wired device sharing including USB, serial, and Ethernet
- configure wireless device sharing including Bluetooth, 802.11, and infrastructure vs. ad hoc
- describe the purpose of integrated print servers
- describe the benefits of cloud and remote printing
- share local/networked devices via operating system settings such as TCP, Bonjour, and AirPrint
- describe data privacy concerns such as authentication and hard drive caching
- work with SOHO devices
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.