Explore all types of printers such as laser printers, inkjet printers, thermal printers, impact printers, virtual printers, 3D printers, and also print drivers, and connection options that can be used when installing a new printer.
CompTIA A+ 220-1001: Printers
- list components of a laser printer such as imaging drum, fuser assembly, transfer belt, transfer roller, pickup rollers, separate pads, and duplexing assembly
- describe the laser printer imaging process - processing, charging, exposing, developing, transferring, fusing, and cleaning
- describe routine maintenance tasks such as toner replacement, maintenance kit application, calibration, and cleaning
- list components of an inkjet printer including ink cartridge, print head, roller, feeder, duplexing assembly, carriage, and belt
- describe how to calibrate and maintain an inkjet printer, including tasks such as cleaning heads, replacing cartridges, and clearing jams
- list components of a thermal printer including the feed assembly, heating element, and special thermal paper
- describe thermal printer maintenance tasks such as replacing paper, cleaning heating elements, and removing debris
- list components of impact printers such as print head, ribbon, tractor feed, and impact paper
- describe impact printer maintenance tasks such as replacing ribbons, replacing print heads, replacing paper
- differentiate between virtual print options such as print to file, print to PDF, print to XPS, and print to image
- list the components of a 3D printer such as plastic filaments
- identify printer types
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.