Explore networking fundamentals, including TCP and UDP, and common networking hardware devices.
CompTIA A+ 220-1001: Networking
- differentiate between hubs and bridges
- describe when to use a switch
- list the benefits of implementing a router
- differentiate between access points, repeaters, and extenders
- describe the purpose of network controllers
- differentiate between cable and DSL modems
- describe the purpose of patch panels
- list the benefits of PoE
- list the benefits of ethernet over power
- list the benefits of firewalls
- describe how cloud-based network controllers work
- work with networking devices
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.