Effectively communicating with customers is essential to the success of any customer-oriented business. Adapting to the different communication styles and emotions of customers will help you build customer relationships through better customer conversations. Improving conversations with customers enables an efficient, high quality client service (CS). This course explains how to adapt to the different communication types and identify the common emotions that customers experience when contacting a support center. It also explains how to adapt your writing skills to communicate through e-mail and to document incidents.
Communication Skills for CSRs
- distinguish between techniques for meeting a customer's psychological and business needs
- match techniques for understanding customers' emotions with their descriptions
- identify the strategies used to build rapport with customers
- identify the strategies for adapting to a customer's competency level
- recognize how to relate to the different communication styles
- sequence the stages of the call-flow process
- recognize best practices for writing professional e-mails and reports
- apply effective communication skills when dealing with customers
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.