What makes Apache Kafka so powerful and fault-tolerant is its clustering capabilities. In this course, you will learn how to create and manage clusters in Kafka.
- start the course
- describe the availability and durability guarantees of Apache Kafka
- set up and configure a multi-broker cluster
- configure and balance logs and leadership for replication
- describe how log compaction works
- configure and use the log cleaner
- increase the replication factor for a topic
- add servers to a Kafka cluster and migrate data to the new servers
- mirror data between clusters such as between two data centers
- balance replicas across zones or racks to prevent rack-failure data loss
- set preferred replicas for leadership and handle unclean leader elections
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.