What makes Apache Kafka so powerful and fault-tolerant is its clustering capabilities. In this course, you will learn how to create and manage clusters in Kafka.
- start the course
- describe the availability and durability guarantees of Apache Kafka
- set up and configure a multi-broker cluster
- configure and balance logs and leadership for replication
- describe how log compaction works
- configure and use the log cleaner
- increase the replication factor for a topic
- add servers to a Kafka cluster and migrate data to the new servers
- mirror data between clusters such as between two data centers
- balance replicas across zones or racks |w to prevent rack-failure data loss
- set preferred replicas for leadership and handle unclean leader elections
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.