Explore how virtualization provides efficient hardware usage and security boundaries and how cloud computing tracks pooled IT resource usage and charges fees accordingly as you prepare for the CISA exam.
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) 2019: Virtualization & Cloud
- describe when various virtualization technologies should be used
- distinguish the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 hypervisors
- install the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor
- configure a Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network switch
- create a virtual machine hosted on Microsoft Hyper-V
- secure virtualized environments through dedicated management interfaces, patching, and changing default configurations
- define the NIST standard characteristics of cloud computing
- map cloud service offerings to business needs
- describe cloud-based security solutions such as the Azure Security Center, DDoS mitigation, and Azure network security groups
- deploy a Windows virtual machine in the Microsoft Azure cloud
- deploy a Linux virtual machine in the Microsoft Azure cloud
- identify cloud services that require endpoint security through the Azure Security Center
- map security solutions to the use of virtualization and cloud computing
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.