In this course, you will learn the basic concepts of automated configuration with Puppet. The installation and configuration of Puppet in the cloud will be covered. Puppet facts for advanced server configuration will be demonstrated.
- start the course
- describe the concepts of Puppet and its configuration options
- install and configure Puppet master on Amazon Web Services EC2
- install and configure Puppet agent on Amazon EC2
- build out the Puppet cloud environment and getting it all to work
- use the Puppet Facter utility
- use core Puppet facts for server configuration
- use custom Puppet facts for server configuration
- use the Puppet FACTERLIB variable for custom configuration options
- use external Puppet facts for advanced configuration options
Practice: Using Puppet
- set a Puppet agent to be configured by a Puppet master
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.