An organization can't achieve its strategic business goals if it doesn't have the needed human capacity and skills - the talent - to do this. Managing talent effectively means your organization will have a total workforce optimized for overall success in achieving its goals. In this course, you'll learn about creating development programs for everyone from emerging employees through to experienced leaders by considering key concepts of career development, leadership development, and mentoring. You'll also learn how to maintain a qualified talent pipeline through effective succession planning. You'll explore succession planning activities, and learn how to create a succession program and analyze its success after implementation.
Employee Development and Succession Plans
- recognize examples of career development programs
- describe the theories of leadership
- identify the characteristics of a successful mentoring program
- identify the activities that are characteristics of succession planning
- match each stage of the succession planning process to the activities involved
- match succession program assessment models to descriptions
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.