In order to adopt Big Data, senior leadership must be able to establish investment priorities, balance speed and cost, and ensure acceptance by the front line. But they must also build a plan based on data, analytic models, and tools. In this course, you will compare scaling up to scaling out, identify different analytical models, and learn how to secure funding for data initiatives.
The Strategic Planning Perspective
- start the course
- describe what Big Data is and is not
- identify the value of Big Data
- describe the four main challenges of Big Data
- describe why Big Data is a leadership problem
- integrate from multiple data sources
- compare scaling up to scaling out
- manage risk and governance issues
- identify examples of analytical models
- secure funding for Big Data initiatives
- recall some of the top 10 companies that are using Big Data solutions
Practice: The Planning Perspective
- become more familiar with Big Data as it relates to strategic planning
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.