You've probably heard of big data, but what exactly is it, and how can it be used to give your organization a competitive advantage? In this course you'll learn about the key characteristics of big data, the benefits it can provide, and the types of data it incorporates. You'll also be introduced to the different ways it can be applied, depending on your market sector. This course also covers some fundamental security challenges of big data and some best practices for managing big data through an effective information lifecycle.
Overview of Big Data
- recognize the key characteristics of big data
- identify the benefits of big data to organizations
- distinguish between the two types of data source in big data
- recognize applications of big data by market sector
- identify best practices for securing big data
- recognize the phases of the data life cycle
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.