Big data leaders must have skill sets that differ from what leaders of the past had. They must be able to show how big data generates value; how investments in big data initiatives should be targeted; and how fast the organization should move to implement them. In this course, you will learn how to create a governance strategy, examine security concerns, and realize how this will impact human resources.
The Corporate Leadership Perspective
- start the course
- decide where to start
- establish economic value
- recall how big data products are economic engines
- compare building vs. buying approaches to big data skill
- design a governance strategy
- identify security concerns
- identify stewardship issues
- describe how this will impact the human resource department
- describe the big data culture clash
- describe what incubators are and how they can improve companies
Practice: The Corporate Perspective
- be more familiar with big data as it relates to corporate leadership
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.