In this course, you will learn how to identify and mitigate CWE-807: Testing for Reliance on Untrusted Inputs in a Security Decision. Coverage includes techniques for spotting Reliance on Untrusted Inputs vulnerabilities through code review and testing. Secure coding best practices are included, as well as descriptions of technology and platform- specific weaknesses as appropriate. This course requires basic knowledge of client-server applications, web applications, the Software Development Life Cycle, cryptography, and the STRIDE model.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Reliance on Untrusted Inputs (in a Security Decision) vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Reliance on Untrusted Inputs (in a Security Decision) vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.