In this course, you will learn how to identify and mitigate CWE-22: Testing for Path Traversal. Coverage includes techniques for spotting Path Traversal weaknesses through code review and testing. Secure coding best practices are included, as well as descriptions of technology and platform-specific weaknesses as appropriate.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Path Traversal vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Path Traversal vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.