In this course, you will learn how to identify and mitigate CWE-78: Improper Neutralization of Special Elements used in an OS Command (OS Command Injection). Coverage includes techniques for spotting OS Command Injection through code review testing. Secure coding best practices are included, as well as descriptions of technology and platform-specific weaknesses as appropriate. This course requires basic knowledge of client-server applications, web applications, the Software Development Life Cycle, cryptography, and the STRIDE model.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify OS Command Injection vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find OS Command Injection vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it