In this course, you will learn how to identify and mitigate CWE-311: Missing Encryption of Sensitive Data. Coverage includes techniques for spotting missing encryptions through code review and testing. Secure coding best practices are included, as well as descriptions of technology and platform-specific weaknesses as appropriate.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Missing Encryption of Sensitive Data vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Missing Encryption of Sensitive Data vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.