In this course, you will learn how to identify and mitigate CWE-250: Testing for Execution with Unnecessary Privileges. Coverage includes techniques for spotting Execution with Unnecessary Privileges vulnerabilities through code review and testing. Secure coding best practices are included, as well as descriptions of technology and platform-specific weaknesses as appropriate. This course requires basic knowledge of client-server applications, web applications, the Software Development Life Cycle, cryptography, and the STRIDE model.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Execution with Unnecessary Privileges vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Execution with Unnecessary Privileges vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it