While the use of Commercial-off-the-shelf software (COTS) helps expand functionality and productivity, it also carries inherent complexities. Unfortunately, it is rare for acquisition approaches to account for complex software supply chains; this course provides learners with an understanding of how to apply DevSecOps best practices to reduce software supply chain risks.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Employ acquisition strategies, contract tools, and procurement methods for the purchase of the software, COTS from suppliers
- Conduct a supplier review prior to entering into a contractual agreement to acquire COTS
- Conduct an assessment of the COTS prior to selection, acceptance, or update
- Employ security safeguards to validate the COTS received is genuine and has not been altered
- Establish and retain unique identification of supply chain elements, processes, and actors for the COTS
- Establish a process to address weaknesses or deficiencies in supply chain elements identified during independent or organizational assessments of such elements
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.