This course introduces you to secure development models, standards, and guidelines that provide you with a structure for reducing risk from application security vulnerabilities.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge to recognize several industry standard security models and processes, and what role they have with respect to developing secure software. These models and processes include:
- Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (MS SDL)
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS)
- Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)
- OWASP Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM)
- Building Security in Mature Model (BSIMM)
- Comprehensive Lightweight Application Security Process (CLASP)
- Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Education (CC)
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.