This course provides a high-level overview of secure software concepts for web applications, including application security, security standards, secure development methodologies, and security best practices. When you have completed this course, you will be able to describe the current threat landscape and identify several common security vulnerabilities. You will also be able list several resources for evaluating and mitigating the most common application security risks. You will be able to identify security-related tasks for each stage in a secure software development lifecycle, and list resources for implementing a security strategy based on your organization’s actual risk profile and leveraging other organization’s experiences with secure development practices. Finally, you will be able to describe how to apply several security best practices to harden your security stance.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe the current threat landscape
- Identify several common security vulnerabilities
- Identify resources for evaluating and mitigating common security risks
- Identify security-related tasks for each stage in a secure software development lifecycle
- Identify resources for implementing a security strategy
- Describe several security best practices
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.