Backends are designed for applications that need faster performance, large amounts of addressable memory, and continuous or long-running background processes. The versatility of Java enables developers to design and deliver right business solutions however their efficiency requires distinctive experience and great expertise. This course provides developers and DevOps Engineers with next level understanding of best practices for developing back end frameworks using Java while developing skills necessary to handle user input and build secure systems.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize what causes common vulnerabilities
- Apply techniques to prevent these vulnerabilities
- Explain at a high level what OAuth2and JWT are
- Explain at a high level what the JAAS API does
- Explain the advantages of the Spring Security framework
- Protect sensitive data in transit with TLS
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.