On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Generate secure encryption keys
- Explain the role pseudo random number generators (PRNGs), key derivation algorithms, and initialization vectors play in cryptography
- Select an appropriate symmetric encryption algorithm and modes
- Identify key concepts of public key cryptography
- Explain how public and private key pairs work together to encrypt and decrypt data
- Explain how public and private key pairs work together to create and verify digital signatures
- Use the Java keytool command-line utility for creating and managing keys and keystores
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.