Threat modeling is a structured activity for identifying and evaluating application threats and vulnerabilities. In this course, you will learn how to quickly create a basic threat model for your application scenario that can be used to help refine application design through all stages of development and serve as a central reference among teams. Additionally, this course will introduce the five steps of the threat modeling process and the tasks performed in each step while teaching learners how to adapt the process to their own situation.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify and evaluate application threats and vulnerabilities
- Create a basic threat model for application scenarios
- Identify the five steps of the threat modeling process
- Describe the tasks performed in each step
- Adapt the process to the organization’s needs
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.