In this course you will learn about the different fundamental types of security testing. By the end of this course you will understand threat modeling, how threat modeling applies in the design phase of the SDLC, approaches to threat modeling, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, static analysis pros and cons, code review pros and cons.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe how threat modeling can be used within the SDLC
- Identify different approaches to threat modeling
- Discuss the benefits of vulnerability scanning
- Discuss the benefits of penetration testing
- Compare pros and cons of static analysis
- Compare pros and cons of code review