This course provides essential guidance to information system managers, information security managers, system designers and developers on implementing cryptographic controls at the information systems level to facilitate compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Choose asymmetric key algorithms
- Use hash functions to protect data integrity
- Store authentication passwords safely
- Encrypt file transfers and downloads
- Add salt values before hashing
- Use trusted certificate authorities
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.