In this course students will learn the practical skills necessary to perform regular risk assessments for their organizations. The ability to perform risk management is crucial for organizations hoping to defend their systems. There are simply too many threats, too many potential vulnerabilities that could exist, and simply not enough resources to create an impregnable security infrastructure. Therefore every organization, whether they do so in an organized manner or not, will make priority decision on how best to defend their valuable data assets. Risk management should be the foundational tool used to facilitate thoughtful and purposeful defense strategies.
- Perform a complete risk assessment.
- Inventory an organization's most critical information assets.
- Assign a data owner and custodian to an information asset.
- Assign classification values to critical information assets.
- Prioritize risk remediation efforts as a result of performing a risk assessment.
- Evaluate risk management models for use in their own organization.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.