This 3-day training program is for individuals seeking to develop skills and/or become specialist certified in ITIL's Service Transition practice area. The Service Transition (ST) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL Service Lifecycle work stream. The Service Transition module is focused on how to consistently manage change, and release, deploy, and decommission new or changed services into the live environment.
Course topics surround the activities to effectively plan, test, evaluate and deploy services and processes while controlling risks and preventing service disruption. The ITIL Service Transition Lifecycle Certification Exam is administered at the end of the course, students may choose to wave the exam if desired.
- Introduction to the Service Transition
- Service Transition Principles
- Service Transition Processes: Transition Planning and Support and Change Management
- Service Transition Processes: Release and Deployment Management and Service Validation and Testing
- Service Transition Processes: Change Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Managing People through Service Transitions
- Organizing for Service Transition
- Technology Considerations for Service Transition
- Implementation and Improvement of Service Transition
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors, and Risks