This course is designed to provide students with the advanced concepts needed to establish network security strategies to ensure adequate protection for the corporate environment and yet provide accessibility for the corporate community.
- Describe the relationships between enterprise security and complexity, usability, and cost of violation.
- Develop a strategy to perform continuous risk assessment.
- Develop documentation to support the development of an enterprise security plan and the procedures for implementation.
- Develop appropriate security plans, policies, and procedures.
- Develop forensics policies for data access, exploration and reporting.
- Analyze design proposals from a security aspect and write recommendations for strengthening the design for added security.
- Develop strategies for the implementation of the security plan, policies, and procedures.
- Write a comprehensive system test plan.
- Work in a group to develop security policy and communicate the strategies to others.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.