This course will introduce Microsoft Windows Server through lectures, demonstrations, discussions and hands-on labs. Students will learn how install Windows Server, and to use Server Manager and Active Directory tools for configuring and administering Windows Server. Labs will be conducted in an online in a virtual environment. The course will offer a balance of lecture and lab experiments. Elements of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) professional certification exam will be followed throughout the course. Course is offered in the fall semester.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows server
- Install and configure Active Directory
- Configure and manage Active Directory Users and Computers
- Create and configure Virtual Machines
- Configure and manage file and share access
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.