This course will introduce students to Microsoft Windows Professional in an enterprise environment. Students will learn about and use various tools for administering and configuring Windows. Labs will be conducted in an online in a virtual environment. The course will offer a balance of lecture and lab experiments. Elements of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) professional certification exam will be followed throughout the course. Course is offered in the spring semester.
- Plan, create, and manage local user accounts and groups
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network protocols
- Share and manage local and network printers
- Plan, implement, and manage NT file system (NTFS) folder and file permissions.
- Plan, implement, and manage shared folder and shared folder permissions
- Use the Control Panel to configure Windows
- Use Device Manager to configure and troubleshoot hardware devices
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.