This course develops fundamental network security skills necessary to build, test and deploy a secure network. Access control, identity management and cryptography will also be covered. The course will offer a balance of lecture and lab experience. The course will follow elements of the Comp TIA Security+ professional certification exam. Course is offered in the fall semester.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor the network infrastructure
- Demonstrate the ability to identify network security threats
- Demonstrate the ability to secure network communications
- Demonstrate the ability to secure an 802.11 wireless network
- Demonstrate the ability to create a security / disaster plan
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.