This course will demonstrate the professional skills necessary to design, implement, document, optimize, and troubleshoot Local and Wide Area Networks based on a variety of technologies. The student will use the standard methodology for network design that assures the building of resilient, manageable networks. Course is offered in the spring semester.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and meet customer needs
- Demonstrate the ability to design Local Area Networks (LANs) including server configurations
- Demonstrate the ability to design Wide Area Networks (WANs) including router configurations
- Demonstrate the ability to implement a network design
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and monitor networks
- Demonstrate the ability to document network design
- Demonstrate the ability to optimize and troubleshoot networks
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.