This course provides the knowledge and skills students need to install, configure and administer a Linux server for mission-critical network services. Students will learn to setup and administer a Linux server through the use of lectures, demonstrations, discussions and hands-on labs. Course is offered in the spring semester.
- Install and configure a Linux server
- Manage user accounts, file systems, networking and system logs
- Configure Linux to provide network services and enable secure network connections
- Provide secure access to a Linux server
- Provide network file services in a Windows environment
- Install and configure a Web server
- Build a Linux print server
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.