This course develops skills necessary to set up and perform fundamental system administration activities in the Linux operating system. The course will offer a balance of lecture and lab experiments. Elements of the CompTIA Linux+ professional certification exam will be followed throughout the course. Course is offered in the fall semester.
- Install and configure a Linux operating system
- Manage and configure different Linux file systems
- Configure and troubleshoot networking services
- Understand common administrative tasks
- Configure and troubleshoot using BASH shell
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.