This course will address the various system components of computers, utilizing Windows tools and utilities to view configuration information and manage computers, and the basics of networking computers. Elements of the CompTIA A+ professional certification exam will be followed throughout the course. The course will offer a balance of lecture and virtual lab experiments. Course is offered in the fall and spring semesters.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify components of a computer
- Demonstrate the ability to identify components of a notebook
- Demonstrate the ability to identify operating system encryption methods
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and manage NTFS file system permissions
- Demonstrate the ability to configure IP addressing
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.