This course will address advanced tools and techniques used by security professionals to discover vulnerabilities in computer networks. The course will equip students with the knowledge and techniques needed to protect computer networks. The course will offer a balance of lecture and lab experiments. Course is offered in the spring semester.
- Understand the legal requirements of ethical hacking and penetration testing
- Demonstrate testing methodology that can be used in an ethical pen testing
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and mitigate cyberattacks
- Demonstrate the ability to detect unauthorized devices on a network
- Demonstrate the ability to thwart the hacking of wireless networks
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.