This course is ideal for professionals who:
- Have done some data work in Excel, STATA, or SPSS
- Need to clean and visualize large amounts of data quickly
- Want to automate data cleaning and visualization tasks
- Want to work with data more effectively to discover new insights
Job roles include:
- Analyst (any junior person doing basic analysis, data entry, etc.)
- Contracting officers
While no prerequisites are required, people with some experience working with data are best suited for this program. No background in math or programming is required.
Introduction to R, Data Cleaning and Visualization Training Objectives:
- Understand how data science can be used effectively in industry
- Program proficiently in R
- Build powerful static and interactive data visualizations
- Visualize findings effectively
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.