This course is intended for experienced IT security professionals who want to advance their knowledge of hacker techniques, tools, and incident handling.
Upon successful completion of this class, students will be able to do the following:
- Explain the history and current state of hacking and penetration testing, including ethical and legal implications.
- Describe cryptology.
- Identify common information gathering tools and techniques.
- Analyze system vulnerabilities exploited by hackers.
- Perform web and database attacks.
- Remove trojans, backdoors, and malware from infected systems.
- Perform network traffic analysis and sniffing by using appropriate tools.
- Analyze wireless network vulnerabilities exploited by hackers.
- Perform incident handling by using appropriate methods.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.