This hands-on, instructor-led course covers web attacks, hacking, spyware, network defense, security appliances, VPNs, password use, and much more.
Training Objectives include:
- Understand and explain the need for security
- Understand legal, ethical, and professional issues in Information Security
- Plan for security
- Understand Risk Management
- Implement security technology: Access Controls, Firewalls, and VPNs
- Implement Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems and Other Security Tools
- Understand cryptography
- Implement training and Policies to ensure secure personnel
- Implement information security maintenance
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.