This hands-on, instructor-led course covers web attacks, hacking, spyware, network defense, security appliances, VPNs, password use, and much more.
Training Objectives include:
- Understand and explain the need for security
- Understand legal, ethical, and professional issues in Information Security
- Plan for security
- Understand Risk Management
- Implement security technology: Access Controls, Firewalls, and VPNs
- Implement Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems and Other Security Tools
- Understand cryptography
- Implement training and Policies to ensure secure personnel
- Implement information security maintenance
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.