This two-day course teaches students the skills and knowledge to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud Platform with the design patterns and the principles of Google Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
Through presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn how to
- Design GCP deployments that are highly reliable and secure -
- Operate GCP deployments that are highly available and cost-effective.
This course follows the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure course. Students should have hands-on experience with the technologies addressed in that course.
- Design for high availability, scalability, and maintainability
- Assess tradeoffs and make sound choices among Google Cloud Platform products
- Integrate on-premises and cloud resources
- Identify ways to optimize resources and minimize cost
- Implement processes that minimize downtime, such as monitoring and alarming, unit and integration testing, production resilience testing, and incident post-mortem analysis
- Implement policies that minimize security risks, such as auditing, separation of duties and least privilege
- Implement technologies and processes that assure business continuity in the event of a disaster
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.