This course looks at web users from a few different perspectives. First, we look at identifying techniques to determine web user identities from a server perspective. Second, we will look at obfuscating techniques from a user whom seeks to be anonymous. Finally, we look at forensic techniques, which, when given a hard drive or similar media, we identify users who accessed that server.
- Understand the characteristics of internet connections that can't be changed.
- Learn what IP Geolocation is and how to use it.
- Understand what your browser exposes.
- Understanding Anonymous Proxies.
- Understanding various countermeasures.
- Understand basic web log analysis.
- Understand basic database forensic techniques.
- Finally understand that these techniques are a moving target.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.