Laboratory work required. Operating system structures. Multiprogramming and multiprocessing. Process management. Memory and other resource management. Storage management, I/O systems, distributed systems. Protection and security. The concepts will be illustrated through example systems such as Unix and Windows.
- Grasp a fundamental understanding of computer and operating systems
- Learn the concepts and creation of computer processes and threads
- Understand memory management and virtual memory concepts
- Learn the concepts of resource management and security
- Understand process concurrency and synchronization
- Learn scheduling policies of modern operating systems
- Understand the concepts of data input/output, storage, and file management
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.