Laboratory work required. Operating system structures. Multiprogramming and multiprocessing. Process management. Memory and other resource management. Storage management, I/O systems, distributed systems. Protection and security. The concepts will be illustrated through example systems such as Unix and Windows.
- Grasp a fundamental understanding of computer and operating systems
- Learn the concepts and creation of computer processes and threads
- Understand memory management and virtual memory concepts
- Learn the concepts of resource management and security
- Understand process concurrency and synchronization
- Learn scheduling policies of modern operating systems
- Understand the concepts of data input/output, storage, and file management
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.