Introduction to networking and the Internet protocol stack? Vulnerable protocols such as HTTP, DNS, and BGP? Overview of wireless communications, vulnerabilities, and security protocols? Introduction to cryptography? Discussion of cyber threats and defenses? Firewalls and IDS/IPS? Kerberos? Transport Layer Security, including certificates? Network Layer Security.
- Identify security vulnerabilities in DNS and outline their potential defenses.
- Identify security vulnerabilities in databases and outline their potential defenses.
- Identify security vulnerabilities in the BGP Internet routing protocol and outline their potential defenses.
- Identify security vulnerabilities in web applications and outline their potential defenses.
- Analyze and differentiate among types of malware and attacks.
- Describe various techniques used to protect networked systems from attack.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.