This course serves as a general introduction to computer networking including local and wide area network technology. Covers the areas of network architecture, topologies, protocols especially TCP/IP, network operating systems, network installation, upgrading, troubleshooting, managing user accounts and passwords, network securities, remote access and administration, and fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
- Explain the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implement them appropriately.
- Determine & explain the appropriate cabling, device and storage technologies.
- Use best practices to manage the network, determine policies & ensure business continuity.
- Summarize physical security & common attacks while securing the wired and wireless network.
- Explain the network troubleshooting methodology & appropriate tools to support connectivity & performance.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.