This course prepares individuals for work as PC technicians where they service, upgrade, install, assemble and maintain computers and peripheral equipment. Students practice techniques to assemble computers, analyze and repair malfunctions, and gain "hands-on" experience.
- Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices.
- Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS.
- Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support.
- Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO.
- Troubleshoot device and network issues.
- Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections.
- Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices.
- Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts &set up client-side virtualization.
- Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.