In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-401).
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in:
- Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks.
- Familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, Unix, or Linux.
- Wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics.
- Prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination.
- Use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.