Students will continue to develop and utilize critical thinking skills as they perform technical analysis of operational networks. The operational networks will include LAN, WAN and Firewall technologies from previous degree coursework. The course will also provide students with a team approach to learning. Students will participate in a team environment that will design, document, construct and troubleshoot a physical network topology from written needs assessment.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze operational data communication networks as evidenced by the submission of frame-worked documentation utilizing self-grading rubrics and small group learning structures.
- Troubleshoot and repair data communication networks as evidenced by the submission of frame-worked documentation utilizing self-grading rubrics and small group learning structures.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of the course content material as evidenced thru the completion of multiple choice, true/false and matching tests.
- Design, configure and test a physical network derived from a written needs assessment comprised of an IP addressing scheme, VISIO topology, device script files and the development of a team member task list as evidenced by the successful submission of the project materials and successful testing of the designs.
- Organize and manage the time and the material resources required for the successful completion of the team project as evidenced by the use of a Gantt chart and weekly status reports.