This course is designed for individuals who seek a foundation in computer security fundamentals and whose goal is to prepare for the SY0-401 CompTIA Security+ exam.
CompTIA Security+ training provides the skills necessary to apply and implement technical knowledge of security concepts in today's security environment. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of systems security, access control, network infrastructure, assessments and audits, cryptography and organizational security across all vendor products. These skills have become increasingly important, as additional safeguards such as intrusion detection systems, physical access control and multi-factor authentication become standard methods of protection. Students are given real world scenarios to reinforce the material covered and will learn how to apply the concepts to their daily operations. This course helps prepare students for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 certification exam.
- OS Hardening and Virtualization
- Application Security
- Network Design Elements
- Networking Protocols and Threats
- Network Perimeter Security
- Securing Network Media and Devices
- Physical Security and Authentication Models
- Access Control Methods and Models
- Vulnerability and Risk Assessment
- Monitoring and Auditing
- Encryption and Hashing Concepts
- PKI and Encryption Protocols
- Redundancy and Disaster Recovery
- Policies, Procedures and People Engineering
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.