Network Analysis Workshop
This workshop teaches students:
- A basic understanding of IT and OT networks including but not limited to the OSI model, the TCP/IP model, and network taps. Students also learn the differences between IT (information management) networks and OT (physical operations systems) networks and how to capture and analyze network traffic.
- A basic understanding of CANbus, BACnet, and other OT systems and technologies.
- A basic understanding of how to use GrassMarlin to analyze network traffic and relationships.
- How to setup and configure Wireshark for use in packet capture and analysis.
- How to use Wireshark to capture packets from IT networks and perform analysis of captured packets, as well as access and analyze network traffic commonly found on Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) networks. Students learn how to use Wireshark to analyze multiple protocols within the common IT network stack. Students gain multiple hours of hands-on experience and essential skills for analyzing network traffic on IT and OT networks.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.